Tina's Twitter

Monday, December 28, 2009

Hamburger Haven

HAmburger Haven
Hamburger Haven in West Hollywood is a place I have passed by many times with the same thought, "Next time I'm in the area I'll give it a try." Well, next time finally came as I was in WEHO looking for something to eat that didn't involve a valet or a menu in my hands. I was looking for an easy meal with minimal wait time. First thing, enter the parking lot on Robertson Blvd. just south of Santa Monica Blvd. The driveway on Santa Monica is an exit and you'll have a hard time trying to slip into a parking stall if you go in that way. Most of the seating is a covered outdoor patio with just a few seats available at the indoor counter.
HAmburger Haven

HAmburger Haven
I ordered the #3 the sassy burger which is a burger with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles. You then have the option for grilled or raw onions or bacon for an additional charge. A wheat bun can be substitued for free which I did.
HAmburger Haven

The burger tasted fresh and was juicy. The wheat bun gave it a nice texture and taste which I really enjoyed but it left my husband still hungry more.
HAmburger Haven
So he went back after finishing it and ordered another #3 but this time he changed things up. He went with a double and added bacon and grilled onions on a white bun. It wasn't as good as the first burger. I could tell that the bacon had been sitting around because it wasn't hot and felt a little dried out. The bun was bland and fell apart on him after only a couple of bites. He should have just had the double the same way We'd ordered it the first one. The fries were nothing special as they looked an tasted like something out of the freezer. Paying the extra price for bacon and grilled onions also wasn't worth it as it did not add anything to the meal. Next time, a double #3 on wheat is a perfect, inexpensive way to get an all-around solid hamburger. The good thing is that now I know that Hamburger Haven is worth coming back to IF I'm in the area.
HAmburger Haven

HAmburger Haven
HAmburger Haven

Hamburger Haven
8954 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069(310) 659-8796

No comments: